It's definitely getting busy here on Gitter lately - with over 30,000 open developer communities, and hundreds of new channels created every day! We would like to make it easier for you to discover new and useful communities for yourself - no matter if you are an expert or just starting your adventure with code.
Today, we have a curated list of our most active and interesting front-end communities. Check them out and join the conversation!
Build Tool Communities
CSS Framework Communities
- Zurb - Responsive frontend framework.
- Materialize - CSS framework based on Material Design.
CSS Pre-processor Communities
- PostCSS - CSS pre/post-processor to transform styles with modular JS plugins.
- stylelint - Modern CSS linter based around PostCSS to help you maintain consistency and avoid errors.
Package Management Communities
- ied - Alternative package manager for Node (WIP).
- jspm - Frictionless browser package management.
- Bower - Package manager for the web.
- DuoJs - Next-generation package manager for the front-end.
JS Framework Communities
- EmberJS - Framework for creating ambitious web applications.
- Marionette.js - Framework which simplifies your Backbone application code with robust views and architecture solutions.
- Vue.js - Intuitive, fast and composable MVVM for building interactive interfaces.
We hope you enjoy those!
We are very proud of all the communities on Gitter, and we'd like to feature more of them in the near future. If you have any suggestions on what other Gitter channels we should talk about next time, drop us a line in the Gitter HQ channel.